Thursday 27 March 2014

Take the confusion out of infusions! A fun guide to water infusions aspart of a healthy diet


Hi ravenous readers!!! Great to have you back here. As we speak I'm reporting to you from the comfort of my bed after a challenging week in medical incarceration  and now technically on medical house arrest by way of morphine! I can however promise you that none of my research on this topic was done under the influence of pain medication so you can trust my findings! However I take no responsibility for the delivery thereof or any typos, I've never had an excuse before so please indulge me as I relish in this rare opportunity to take no responsibility for any of my actions! 

All jokes aside, I have some pretty cool ideas for how you can keep your taste buds alive whilst on your quest to slenderise! I have tried each and every one of these ideas  most of them being original and have taken all but three of the pictures, using the methods before I can recommend them. 

I'm required to keep a very healthy diet that has more water than the average person due to dysautonomia and low blood pressure all related to my heart. And more protein and vitamins having anemia and not eating meat. As a full time vegetarian and occasional vegan I've found it easy besides the three to four litres of water I'm expected to drink daily. Naturally I had to find a way to make water more interesting. 

My mother has taught me not to drink tap water and opts for boiling and filtering water before drinking it and health professionals advice especially women not to keep water in plastic bottles (in heat, cars etc.) With my favourite water brand Voss not being the cheapest albeit the best I had to take all of this into consideration and actually recycle the glass bottle and start infusing my own water at home. It's been a stylish conversation starter for many curious people whilst being healthy and making water exciting! 

Here are some infusions I enjoy on a regular basis. Feel free to try them and sometimes I use carbonated water. I've also included some liquids that I use in place of medicine to cleanse and nourish my body.

Lime, rosemary, persimmon and ginger 

Lemon and rosemary or orange and rosemary

Lemon and prune juice to detox and clear my system 

Nature's flu jab: honey, lemon and ginger infusion with green tea
With green tea being high in antioxidants, lemon and honey being known as the traditional combination to fight the flu and ginger being an antihistamine/ decongestant this infusion is true miracle worker! I prefer rather than commercially sold mixtures/ powders and it tastes amazing!

Here are more water infusion ideas I found online, enjoy! 

Lime, orange and blueberry, lemon and raspberry and strawberry; all with ice. 

Here are more complex and tasty combinations including blackberry and mint. Watermelon and rosemary, pineapple and lime and mint and raspberry. The possibilities are endless and let's face it, everything looks good in a kilner/mason jar! 

These will keep water interesting during  the winter months and be a healthy alternative to sugary cold drinks over summer. Enjoy and please tweet me pictures of your combinations @kymmiisha on twitter! I would love to see them!








No comments:

Post a Comment